Tuesday, November 30, 2010

coffe house knitting

Once a week every week I got to Bardo Coffee to knit. It's one of the simplest, calmest parts of my week. I'm not at work so I'm not freaking out. I'm not at home ignoring chores or freezing in my bedroom. I don't have to talk to anyone, but if i'm chatty I can start up a conversation with the barista or a total stranger. And best of all I'm focused on my knitting and nothing else. It's the best time for me to work on complicated things like my shawl, or designing my own pattern or fixing stupid mistakes.

I never spend more or less than 3 hours at the coffee house, makeing it my own private craft afternoon. Afterwords I head over to Fancy Tiger's Craft Night, and show off what I've made, or bemoan what I've unmade. Hooray for coffee house knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment