Thursday, February 5, 2009

Doomsday mits

So I finished my Doomsday Mitts pretty quick. The Doomsay Mitts are based off of Billie Piper's Rose Tyler costume in Doctor Who. After seeing the last episode of season 2 I just HAD to make these, they were the only thing that kept me from sobbing through the last 10 minuets. I originaly wanted to make them a sort of "mauve" colour (an inside joke from dr.who s1) but I am aparntly an idiot when it comes to telling reds apart, so I ended up with this sort of dusty rose colour.
Some nice pictures of Rose Tyler from the Doomsday episode. This is the end bit at DÃ¥rlig Ulv Stranden, AKA Bad Wolf Bay, where she wears the mitts, and makes me cry because it is just so sad.
I love the pattern for these mitts, it's got all the best elements of a knitter life: cables and seed stitch, with a nice swath of stockinette across the palms.
I'm not too thrilled with the colour, or the gauge, so I gave them to Emma and cast on for another try. I went to Fancy Tiger today and found some different yarn, this time in 'boysenberry' which is closer in colour to what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment