Thursday, March 22, 2007

First Spin....




Well, here's my first spinning project, I took a class at the Fancy Tiger on Sunday, and this is the result. This first picture is of all the yarn stretched out on one of the chairs because I don't have a knitty-noddy, you can also see my shiny new drop spindle, and the living room floor.
and hear is the yarn after I bound it together with some scraps. I am totally documenting this with way too much detail, but that's what happens when I get around to using a camera.
and hear is the yarn again, on the table.....
And then we have the random Picture of the dye I'm going to use, it was so expensive. I used up four shiny quarters.
and hear is me uh...I don't remember what this is called, but it makes the yarn less breaky, so basically I'm heating up the yarn in some water with a drop of soap.



and now it's hanging out side to dry......
and again with a wight on it to help pull out the kinks....
and that's it for now! I'll be Dyeing it later with Emma, so hopefully I'll remember to take pictures. I really want to go and get some more wool to spin with right now, maybe some thing with colour so I don't have to spend time dyeing it. Although I do love this natural colour allot.

No comments:

Post a Comment