Friday, May 4, 2007

Mushaboom

I baked a pound cake on Wednesday, it was great, except that it didn't bake all the way through again, and I charred the leftovers trying to get it to bake. If anyone has a clue as to why that keeps happening please tell me cause I'm goin' nutters.
I cleaned out my yarn stash, or more aptly, yarn trash. I'm slowly culling out the half used acrylic and replacing it with lovely wools. Thank god I'm not allergic to sheep, because wool is just straight up better.

I spent this rainy afternoon, working with Edna, sewing up this yarn tote. I got the pattern out of Stitch&bitch, and it's alright. super simple anyway. I'm thinking of adding pockets, and I have this burning need to be able to close a bag, so I'm thinking of a zipper, or some drawstrings.....I'm not really sure at this point. I got the material, from this skirt I made way back in the day, and have never worn. I like it much better as a bag.

I have been slowly finishing the sleeve on my sweater, but the closer I get to finishing, the less I want to knit. I pulled out the other sweater I was working on last summer, and have started frogging it. I was almost done with It, but I just hated the sleeves and shoulders. there was no way in hell I was gonna were it, so I'm starting over. I just hope It doesn't drive me insane because its Joann's Rainbow Boucle on sz5's. That means tons of stitches and very, very small rows.

I've also started reading Beowulf, and so far it's quite good. It goes really fast but I have to read it out loud because it's in verse. My other media comment, is that Feist is at Starbucks! How cool is that! If you have no idea who I'm talking about, Feist is a Canadian singing person, who is has a nice melancholy tone. Kinda like Dido, or KT Tunstall. Anyway, we were over at the 24/7 Starbucks on May 1st and I'm not really listening to the music, but then, I recognize it, and I'm like "Holy S***! This is Feist! I love this chick!" and then I started singing along to My Man My Moon while waiting for my coffee. It was fun, but I think I freaked out the barista with my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment